Tips for Submitting Requests
- Familiarize yourself with Student Rights and Responsibilities (see below) before submitting any requests.
- Know the academic policies of the university, college, and your degree program.
- Verify your schedule each semester during and after the add/drop/withdrawal period to be sure you are registered for the courses you think you are.
- Submit requests well before any deadline associated with the request. Requests are reviewed in the order they are received and requests cannot be expedited based on late submission.
- Insure your university record is free of all holds. Holds can delay or prevent the processing of a request, including financial and immunization holds.
- Check your official Mason email regularly. The Undergraduate Academic Affairs office will respond to your request via your Mason email.
- Check with the office to be sure that your documentation, fax, email, or other supporting information has been received.Contact the office if you have not received a response within two weeks.
- If you want anyone else to receive information about your request, file an official FERPA release form with the Registrar's office.
Resources for Submitting a Request