Students who wish to add a course, but were not able to add that course during the regular add period must petition the chair of the department of that course in order to see if a late add will be allowed. If this late add is after the drop deadline, then the request must be approved by an academic dean of the college that offers the course.
The Undergraduate Academic Affairs office only reviews late adds for courses in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences.
Additional information regarding the process and policies for late adds can be found below and in the Changing Registration section of the university catalog.
Requesting a Late Add
- Contact the course instructor and request a late add.
- The instructor will need to initiate the late add paperwork through their department, and receive permission from their department chair.
- If the late add is before the last day for a student to withdraw on their own, then the paperwork can then be submitted to the Registrar's office.
- If it is after the last day for a student to withdraw on their own, then the form must be submitted to the dean's office for the college that offers the course.
- Requests submitted to the Undergraduate Academic Affairs office must be accompanied by a detailed explanation as to why the course was not added during the regular add period.