Common Causes for Delays in Reviewing Requests
We review requests in the order they are received. We respond to all requests as quickly as possible.
Common causes of delay:
- The student fails to supply supporting documentation (medical, employment, communications from instructor, etc.).
- The supporting documentation is not sufficient to do a full review.
- The office has difficulty verifying the documentation.
- The student isn't checking their Mason email.
- There are administrative holds on the student's account (financial, parking, library, immunization, etc.). It is the student’s responsibility to ensure their record is free of holds. All holds should be cleared before submitting a request to the Undergraduate Academic Affairs office.
For more information, see Tips below.
Resources for Submitting a Request